Hi everyone! Today we’re going to discuss how to pick a product to showcase on your site. This lesson brought to you, courtesy of HomeAndGardenPLR.com! So as you know in the membership there, you get a certain number of specific product reviews. Those are given to you – but how can you add additional content to your site?
I’m going to show you 7 ways to find products to promote here today:
1. Look for other PLR reviews. Might sound kind of weird, but I’m advising you to go check out all of my competitors – look to see who else has PLR in the same niche for you. Look for lawn, garden, electronic, and appliance PLR. Try to get specific product reviews. I know I even have some home and garden stuff on my own PLR Mini Mart – so let me show you an example of how to work with something like that!
Here’s a similar pack to what I offer on the HomeAndGardenPLR.com site: Coffee PLR. It comes with the specific two page long reviews, email autoresponders, niche report and volume product articles.
But I want to show you another type of PLR pack and how you could use it. Here are some ideas:
This $5 gardening pack – take it and create articles like this:
- With the “Create a Backyard Oasis with a Water Garden” article, you could promote a filter system or a water garden pump. Just work it into the original article as some of the equipment they may want to investigate.
- Use the “Herb Gardening Tips” article to promote items like herb gardening stoneware or an aerogarden (bought my mom one of these and it was awesome).
- Work with the “Control What Your Family Eats by Growing an Organic Garden” article and promote seeds, composters and books.
- Take the “Keeping Bugs Out of Your Garden” article and promote various insect repellents.
- The “Gardening in Small Spaces” article is perfect for the promotion of all sorts of container gardening equipment.
2. Look in your weekly newspaper ads. I do this ALL the time. If stores are promoting it, as a consumer, I see it in a circular and then go online to find the best deal. I look in this past Sunday’s ads and I pull out Target’s ad. I see Patio Furniture sets – really great for this time of year. I would promote that. Or maybe a vacuum cleaner or cookware set like they’re advertising.
3. Check out relevant magazine mentions. Consumer Reports is just one name in the game. Get Family Circle, Women’s World, or a dozen other magazines that have mentions of products in them. In the April 2012 Family Circle magazine, right inside the cover, on page 8, the editor names a few of her faves. One of them is this: Dyson Digital Slim Cordless Vacuum.
Or, when I look on page 38, I see an article about organizing and storing more. A small, 1-inch square blurb mentions this: Vinea Undershelf Basket. And yep, it’s on Amazon – for a full $3 less than what Family Circle is advertising it for. There are dozens of them in just one magazine.
4. Look at the Bestseller and Other Lists. Straight on Amazon click on a category you want to look into. I click Power and Hand Tools. At the top I can click on Bestsellers and see the top 100 items in that category. I can then click on Hot New Releases on the right and investigate those! I can also look in gift ideas, top rated, and most wished for.
5. Check out the Deals & Bargains. Also on Amazon - click on the category and then Deals & Bargains. When I go to that page and look on the right it has a list of specials. This would be GREAT for you to email your list about! Look at this one:
So this is a timely special – but it’s an instant $25 free plus most of these items involved in this deal offer free shipping too!
6. Don’t forget to review…everything! Quit looking just for good products. Why not review some stinkers, too? If you exhaust the good products, start reviewing the negative ones. You will always give them an alternative. Let’s say they opened up their Target ad from last Sunday like I did and they see an ad for the Sunbeam 12-cup coffeemaker.
P-U! What a stinker that is. A measly 2 and a half stars? Better warn consumers. And feel free to tear Target a new one by even promoting this awful product. At the same time, give your reader a great alternative. Do something around the same price point – $24.99. How about the Black and Decker one that has a solid 4 stars?
So first, you’ll tell them what’s wrong with the Sunbeam one and why they need to steer clear. Then tell them what to replace it with and why. This is a great, trustworthy review because you’re not slamming it just to promote a $300 coffeemaker. You’re honest about the drawbacks.
Hope this helps!
Here’s your Free PLR for this part (just right click and save to your hard drive): Weber 7553 Premium Cover for Weber Genesis Gas Grills – and it’s 428 words