Hi everyone! No panicking on me here – I’m not advising anyone to buy PLR and put it on Kindle. Whew! Got that out of the way. Instead, I have a specific way where you can utilize PLR for your Kindle (or really ANY) publications.
Now this method is NOT best when you pay full price for PLR eBooks – but it’s PERFECT for one of my “Everything’s $1 PLR Sales.” (I have one starting June 28th (Thursday) and running through Tuesday night.)
Watch the video (under 12 mins) and I’ll also try to map it out below it too:
The method I’m endorsing is to use PLR as one of your research methods and idea generators. So for instance, in Geoff Shaw’s Kindling course, he goes through a lesson on using things like Dummies guides to gather research ideas (from a specific place in the book) and allow it to help you get a starting point.
I’m going to show you a specific example in the video above of doing that with the relationship/self-help niche.
Okay so let’s say you have a hunch that you might want to do a “get your ex back” Kindle publication. Looking up “get ex back” disappoints me – 3 reviews, not a lot of products. It MIGHT be selling okay, but I want to target something with lots of enthusiasm about it.
So I look up dating instead. I scroll and find a neat little book (the woman published and got invited to go on Oprah Winfrey’s Lifeclass tour) about getting over heartbreak. This lady has her book in the self esteem category. So now common sense tells me that a lot of women who are in breakup stages are in a self esteem crunch.
I also think that many women take the wrong guy (their ex) back because they don’t want to go through the dating process again because they have low self esteem and feel unlovable.
I open a Word doc and write “Self Esteem Dating” as my keyword phrase I’ll work form later. Then I go into the Self Esteem Kindle bestsellers category to see if there are other ones about dating, heartbreak, etc. There are. Bingo! I want that one.
Side note: I’m always looking at ways to flip things. I could instantly write down an idea to do a book for MEN who are suffering low self esteem and need to get past heartbreak, although they usually name that “confidence” instead.
Next, during the PLR Mini Mart sale, I’ll go and buy a voucher for as many items as I see that can help me formulate ideas in that niche. So I would probably get: Get Your Ex Back or Get Over It, Women’s Dating, and Dating Advice for the Newly Single.
I would also get these two:
Nice Guy’s Dating Guide – that might give me tips on how she could become a good match for someone who ISN’T a jerk and someone who would not break her heart. Even though it’s written for men to read, you can gain insight from it.
2010 Diet Plan – this is evergreen but it might go great on a section where you discuss getting your self esteem up by looking and feeling better for yourself.
So what I do is open up the Get Your Ex Back or Get Over It guide and I don’t even READ the PLR report. No copy and paste, no rewrites.
What I do is just read the subheadings of each chapter and anything in bold and create my outline from that! So here are the subheadings and the new section I create for my outline (just a few – I’m not going through the whole 50-page book):
- What Caused the Split With Your Ex?
- Was It … the Fact That One of You Were Controlling? (should be was duh! LOL)
- Was It…Because Someone Cheated?
- The Rollercoaster Breakup
- Pumping Up Your Physical Appearance
- Don’t See, Call or Email Your Ex Until the Hurt/ Anger/ Confusion Subsides
- Immediately Involve Yourself in Other Activities
- How to Take That First Step Back Into the Dating Game
- What Traits Do You Want in a Companion?
- Why You Feel Unlovable (because when you break up, you’re not thinking of any other cause but you’re not lovable).
- Admit the Mistakes That You Made (because people with low self esteem often try to force things and get clingy, jealous, etc.)
- Why His Cheating Wasn’t About You at All
- How Yo Yo Breakups Damage Your Self Esteem (because each time you go back to someone not good for you, you allow them to chip away at your self esteem)
- Don’t Think Physical Appearances Aren’t Important to You (they’re going to think this is about how they view MEN but really it’s about your own physical appearance being worth nurturing, etc. for your self esteem).
- Raise Your Self Esteem By Setting Boundaries With Your Ex
- Letting Others Show You Why You’re Worthy (I saw the other section and thought about how volunteering and giving back to others makes us feel good about ourselves).
- Putting Yourself Back on the Market in a Fragile State (emphasis on fragile and not settling for less than you want).
- Ensuring You Don’t Attract the Same Type of Man
Now what I would do is clean this up. I’m not happy with all the titles exactly, but I was just quickly doing it off the top of my head.
I turn my final Kindle book title into something better, like: Self Esteem Dating Tips for Heartbroken Women.
Some of the headings you’ll skip. Like I wouldn’t put the section about money in this particular tile because I don’t see the connection to self esteem instantly.
Would that quick bit of research be worth $1 to you? And more than that – something I didn’t mention in the video – is AFTER you’ve written your first draft, go through and read the PLR and see if there were important points or thoughts that you forgot to include in YOUR creation.
For example, maybe my Get Your Ex Back PLR eBook talked about making sure you communicate your needs. Well you realize you left that part out. As soon as you see a phrase or sentence that triggers the idea, STOP reading – go to YOUR file and write something from scratch – your own slant.
Then when you continue reading you may or may not have similar advice. You don’t even want to read the PLR one before writing yours. Just stop and write.
Another way the $1 PLR helps you is that I’ve already done the research and organization and writing, so it generally flows well in a logical order. (If you’re not good at that sort of thing).
Another tip – go through the PLR Mini Mart and see what all topics MIGHT be good to weave in there. For instance, you might find a pack on meditation. And you might include a chapter that’s called How Meditation Can Improve Your Self Esteem. Or a pack on Vision Boards (I don’t think I have one yet but some other PLR provider might) could help them plan for the right kind of relationship.
Okay hope this helps! You might want to at least watch the first part of the video above to see the initial research steps in Kindle.